Machine Learning can be defined as a branch of Artificial Intelligence that has the ability to learn on its own without having all information with respect to a domain in the program itself.
Machine Learning is a branch or say sub branch of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that provides computers with the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed. Machine Learning focuses on the development of computer program that can teach themselves to grow and change when exposed to new data.
The process of machine learning is similar to that of data mining. Both system search through data to look for pattern. However, instead of extracting data for human comprehension as is the case in data mining applications, machine learning uses that data to improve the program’s own understanding. Machine Learning program detect patterns in data and adjust program action accordingly.
1. ML turns data into information.
2. ML is a combination of Computer Science, Engineering and Statistics.
3. ML uses statistical concept to process data and to solve problems.
4. ML interprets data and acts on it.
5. ML programs a computer to optimize performance criteria using past experience.